argument mismatch in prom_init() for DDB5074?

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: argument mismatch in prom_init() for DDB5074?
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:39:44 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I compiled an image for DDB5074.  I got a TLB fault immediately after
the control enters prom_init() function.  A further probe shows that the
caller are passing differents arguments to prom_init than what the
callee expected.  See code excerpt below.

Does this mean the code of DDB5074 is outdated?  In any case, can
someone give me a hint on how to fix this?  It does not look obvious at
the first sight...

=============
arch/mips/kernel/setup.c:
init_arch(...)
{
        unsigned int s;

        /* Determine which MIPS variant we are running on. */
        cpu_probe();

        prom_init(argc, argv, envp, prom_vec);

}

===========
arch/mips/ddb5074/prom.c:
void __init prom_init(const char *s)
{
    int i = 0;
    unsigned long mem_size, free_start, free_end, start_pfn,
bootmap_size;

//  _serinit();

    if (s != (void *)-1)
        while (*s && i < sizeof(arcs_cmdline)-1)
            arcs_cmdline[i++] = *s++;
    arcs_cmdline[i] = '\0';

Jun