Re: linux/mips on cd?

To: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Subject: Re: linux/mips on cd?
From: Paul Jakma <paul@clubi.ie>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:39:16 +0100 (IST)
Cc: Linux MIPS <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> There are currently NO linux-mips cds for ANY architecture. Are you
> running little or big endian ? What type of system ?

CD's: i meant more informal copies of the latest CVS.. :)

> BTW: Linux Mips is by far ready for production.

i know, i know.. I've read parts of the archive, and have lurked on
the list for a few months. However, it seems to me the Indy (little
endian linux/mips, right?) does at least boot and run some userspace
stuff.

i'm here more for the fun factor. (i've run linux on x86, Alpha
and PPC. Love to see it just booting on MIPS :) )

> Flo

incidentally, i tried booting the 2.2.13 kernel from the website. It
appeared to work as the PROM downloaded it and didn't complain, but
it produced absolutely no output. and when i pressed a key it booted
back to PROM.

do these kernels require serial console?

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      paul@clubi.ie
PGP5 key: http://www.clubi.ie/jakma/publickey.txt