Re: linux/mips on cd?

To: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Subject: Re: linux/mips on cd?
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:45:55 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: Paul Jakma <paul@clubi.ie>, Linux MIPS <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 07:18:48AM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> > does anyone sell a CD of linux-mips?
> >
> > I'd like to try linux-mips in production use as my dialup
> > firewall. (security thru obscurity: let's see those script kiddies
> > find 'sploits' for linux/mips!). However, i don't have the bandwidth
> > to download the distribution.
> >
> > if anyone is selling CD's, or if anyone would be kind enough to burn
> > a CD for me, I'd be very grateful if they'd contact me off-list.
>
> There are currently NO linux-mips cds for ANY architecture. Are you
> running little or big endian ? What type of system ?

[ taking CD from the CD rack ]

[ citing CD cover ]

    Linux Rough Cuts
    Excavated for PowerPC (MkLinux)m UltraSPARC, MIPS, and M68K by the Red Hat
    Linux Community

    Copyright 1998 Red Hat Software, Inc.

It even has an ISBN number: 1-888172-14-2 :-)

Now I have to admit there's no decent (read: Debian) distro for Linux/MIPS on
CD yet...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds