Kinda related to Linux

To: "linux-mips@oss.sgi.com" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Kinda related to Linux
From: dave <dkeen@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 15:52:14 +0000
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello,
I did not know where else to send this to. I originally subscribed to
see if there was anyway I could  help. Have been reading the posts and
decided all I can do is try out stuff you guys port. As far as working
on the port, the posts read to me like a 4th grader would look at
quantum physics.
My problem is I can't get my Indy to go through my Linux box to the
'net. It  (Linux,Irix) will not transfer  eth0 to ppp. Have tried
everything I know of, read or just made upwith no luck. In /etc/hosts on
Indy I must have my ISP or it reads "network unknown" in ping. Have I
missed something major/minor in Irix 6.2 or is it in Linux? I do not
mean to be a pain in the ***, but would like to get this resolved so I
can get Linux on Indy and really screw it up!
Thanks in advance for any help anyone would be willing to give.
Dave Keen