Re: Linux on Indy

Subject: Re: Linux on Indy
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@chem.unr.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:07:22 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 05:20:08PM +0100, Ian Chilton wrote:

> Jumping ahead a bit...when I get hardhat running, can I download the source
> for all the updated pacages, like GCC 2.95.2, GLIBC 2.1.3 and make, binutils
> etc etc, and compile them from source like you can with Linux on a PC, or
> won't that work with this platform?

You cannot use glibc 2.1 on mips. I'm pretty sure gcc 2.95.2 doesn't
work either. EGCS 1.1.2 with patches works mostly ok, as does 2.96
from cvs. Binutils, flip a coin. The 000425 snapshot works fine for me
with a patch you can get from oss.sgi.com or ftp.foobazco.org.
Somebody reported that they had 000524 mostly working as well.

--
Keith M Wesolowski                      wesolows@chem.unr.edu
University of Nevada                    http://www.chem.unr.edu