Re: Linux on Indy

Subject: Re: Linux on Indy
From: "J. Scott Kasten" <jsk@tetracon-eng.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:31:05 -0300
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Let's try and keep this discussion on the list as I'm going to be trying
the same thing in a few weeks.

>From what I have observed, the 5.1 tarball has under the mipseb directory
a minimal root file system with etc, sbin, lib, etc. in addition to the
RedHat/RPMS directory.  I suspect that you will need to get that minimal
root file system mounted, and then use that to run the install and explode
the RPMS to the disk.  I'm further going to speculate that you will
probably netboot the thing the first time and do an NFS mounted root to
make that happen.  But again, this is pure speculation...

-S-

--

J. Scott Kasten
Email: jsk AT tetracon-eng DOT net