Linux on Indy

To: "Guido Guenther" <>, "Ralf Baechle" <>
Subject: Linux on Indy
From: "Ian Chilton" <>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:39:20 +0100

OK...I now have a 2nd disk in my Indy. I have read the MIPS/HOWTO, the
SGI/Linux mini-HOWTO (by: Raju) and the Hard Hat 5.1 installation
instructions, but I still haven't got a clue how to do this....

I have an SGI Indy running Irix 6.5.8m (now with a 2nd hard disk).
I also have a PC running Win98 and another running SuSE Linux.

I have got the hardhat-sgi-5.1tar.gz file...can't I just copy this to the
Indy while running IRIX, and unpack from there?

Please could someone explain how I do this?
(incl partitioning this new disk for Linux...I ran fx, but didn't have a
clue how to use it...)

Bye for Now,

                     (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail :              |