Re: Problems booting Indigo...

To: Chris Ruvolo <csr6702@grace.rit.edu>, fisher@sgi.com, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Problems booting Indigo...
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:29:33 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 12:25:27PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> I hacked the BSD tftpd last night (-> standalone and send from #69) but
> you're right. It makes no difference at all. This morning, I played with
> the transceiver again -- 2 switches, 4 possibilities. Tested all, but
> no success. Some two month ago I booted that Indigo over net (okay, it
> crashed immediately;) but the only difference is that we used a switched
> port there... It's brain-dead, but I'll fetch a switch from my old school
> and test it...

It cant be the tftp server etc - Use your brain - We have booted
your machine here - Its an ARP problem i guess.

And BTW - Use a hub - i had loads of problems booting the
decstation and the indigo2 via a switch - Hangs in the middle
were completely normal.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-waiting-4-telekom