Re: cross Mips64-linux binutils problem

To: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@calypso.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: cross Mips64-linux binutils problem
From: jimix@pobox.com (Jimi X)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:21:50 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com

 >> However, my relocations seem messed up! objdump fails reading
 >> them, IRIX elfdump seems confused though readelf seems to handle
 >> it fine.

 UC> I don't know what you're doing wrong.  I could objdump it just
 UC> fine.  I haven't tested with IRIX.

How did you run the assembler? I'm using "as-new -64 -mips3 -G0", is
there more?

 UC> $ ../binutils/objdump -dr jimi-testcase.o

 UC> test.o: file format elf64-littlemips

hmmm.. Are you defaulting to elf64-littlemips? I had tried to do this
using '-EL' option but it doesn't seem to make the switch and I still
have problems.

I'll get a hold of the same snapshot you are using and add the patch
and see if it works any better.

-Jimi X