problem with download

To: <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: problem with download
From: "Scott Thomas" <scott@tridsys.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:17:52 -0400
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Hello all,
I've just recently acquired an old SGI Indy and planned to install
Linux on it.  I've downloaded the hardhat-sgi-5.1.tar.gz file several
times (from ftp.linux.sgi.com).  the ftp downloads the entire file,
but never sees the EOF.

when I try to un-tar it, it chokes since I believe the EOF marker
is missing.  I'm in the process of trying the mirror sites, but I was
wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so how
did they overcome it?

btw, I noticed nothing has been posted to http://www.linux.sgi.com
for over a year.  is anyone still working/interested in linux-mips?

--
Scott Thomas
Program Manager