Re: Problems booting Indigo...

To: fisher@sgi.com
Subject: Re: Problems booting Indigo...
From: Chris Ruvolo <csr6702@grace.rit.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 04:23:59 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, 30 May 2000, William Fisher wrote:

>       Ok, I looked at the ARCS prom code for the Indy series machine
>aka an IP22
>       in SGI hardware speak.
>
>This code is from the BSD 4.3 distribution with some minor additions to support
>one of the last RFC's which added a few more options to the tftp protocol.

>I looked at both tftp and tftpd and nowhere is there any checks for
>the UDP packet arriving on port 69. Are you sure this is the underlying
>cause of the problem? I didn't look at your packet trace in gory details.
>
>You can look at the stand BSD 4.X release for the nearly identical source
>code that is used in the SGI proms.

Bill,
        Thanks for looking this up for us.  The port 69 issue was
speculation on our part.  I've been talking with someone that has the boot
PROM working with tftp, and it doesn't use port 69 exclusively.  Unless
the tftp code changed with different PROM versions, I think we can rule
that out.

        Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Chris