Compile speed on SGI/Linux (like Indy)

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Compile speed on SGI/Linux (like Indy)
From: Hiroshi Kawashima <kei@arch.sony.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 03:15:19 +0900
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Hi.

I'm one of member of Linux-VR project (porting Linux on NEC VR41xx based WinCE
machines) http://linux-vr.org/ .

I've almostly completed porting Kernel Floating Emulation of
Linux/Mips to Linux-VR, so I'm moving to building userland (hard-float).

Since VR41xx based WinCE machine is very slow, I'm now considering to
buy SGI machines to build userland binaries.

But before that, my questions is how fast Indy comparing with VR41xx based
machines ?

I deeply appreciate if anyone suggest me compile time for any source packages on
Indy or other SGI machines.
Compile time of any source packages is very helpful for me.

Thank you in advance.
----
Kawashima