Re: Problems booting Indigo...

To: Richard van den Berg <>
Subject: Re: Problems booting Indigo...
From: "J. Scott Kasten" <>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:36:59 -0300
Sounds like it's using RARP first to translate it's MAC into an IP
address, then hitting the bootp server secondly - already knowing it's IP
address - and just requesting info on the server/file to actually boot
strap itself.  Sun boxes work that way.  You need to add a static arp
entry for them if they netboot.  Otherwise, after about 10 - 15 minutes or
so when other boxes on the net start flushing their arp caches, your

J. Scott Kasten
Email: jsk AT tetracon-eng DOT net

"The only future you have is the one
 you choose to make for yourself..."