Re: Problems booting Indigo...

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Problems booting Indigo...
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:46:24 +0200 (MET DST)
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, 30 May 2000, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> I've now build a kernel which I would like to test on my Indigo;) The
> problem is that I can't load it;( I tried bootpd as well as ISC dhcpd.
> The result is actually just the same:
>
> >> bootp()parkautomat:/tftpboot/vmlinux.ip12
>
> No server for parkautomat:/tftpboot/vmlinux.ip12

Just after doing this, does the machine show in the server arp table with
`arp -a`? If so forget this mail, if not issue (of course with the right
addresses) `arp -s 192.168.1.15 08:00:2B:2D:90:C0`

DECstation <-> bootp has following quirk: power it on and let
automatically boot and all goes well. Power it on and leave for a while (a
quarter of an hour) at the PROM-console and then booting, forget it unless
I use the arp -s command...

Regards,
Richard