RE: [DHCP]

To: "Keith M Wesolowski" <wesolows@chem.unr.edu>
Subject: RE: [DHCP]
From: "Eric Watkins" <watkinse@attens.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 16:03:27 -0700
Cc: "Philippe Chauvat" <philippe.chauvat@exfo.com>, "Linux Mips" <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Ok. I've had about 4 replys so far about other people having issues with the
isc.org dhcpd daemon...

I've had great luck using it for other projects so AFAIK this is just an
issue with the way SGI does bootp. Perhaps we can find a workaround for the
ISC dhcpd.

I'll put a sniffer on the wire and watch a bootpd-->SGI exchange vs. a
dhcpd-->SGI exchange and see what's missing.

In the mean time can we get something posted to the FAQ or howto so that
other people don't sufer the same fate?

Thanks!