[DHCP]

To: Linux Mips <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: [DHCP]
From: "Philippe Chauvat" <philippe.chauvat@exfo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:06:14 -0400
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Hello,

I'm trying to install Linux on an Indy Box. I need some help to boot
from my Indy with bootp protocols.

My configuration is:
one Indy with Irix 6.2, nfs, dhcp and tftp server (I would like !)  --->
named _cream_ IP=192.0.2.2
one Indy with Irix 5.2 ----> named _pancake_ IP=192.0.2.3
one PC box with Mandrake 6.0  nfs, dhcp and tftp server ----> named
_pie_ IP=192.0.2.1
one HUB to connect everybody

I followed instructions from different HowTo's but...

1/When I use _cream_ as dhcp server (/usr/sbin/dhcpd -f -d) and try to
boot _pancake_ I receive a message something like
BOOT... (not RFC1048)
and then my _pancake_ does not boot.

2/ If I try to use _cream_ as dhcp server nothing appears

So, I would like to ask a lot of things!
-- can I use bootp from _pancake_ to boot on _cream_ or _pie_ ?
-- how can I see some information about bootp connection on _cream_ from
_pancake_ ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Philippe

P.S. _cream_, _pancake_ and _pie_ names are only as example.