Re: New mini-distribution/indigo2 monitor support

To: Eric Watkins <watkinse@attens.com>
Subject: Re: New mini-distribution/indigo2 monitor support
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@chem.unr.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:11:59 -0700
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 10:29:26AM -0700, Eric Watkins wrote:

> Are you suggesting that I remove the vid card?

Yes. I needed to and it's mentioned at
http://reality.sgi.com/raju/SGI-Linux-mini-HOWTO.html.

> I'm trying to get my indigo2 to boot linux. Can you go into more detail on
> how to remove the framebuffer?

Pop the cover off and hinge the left rear panel to the left. Unscrew
the two graphics boards from the case (just like peecee boards) and
take the thing out.

> When can I see X in all of it's glory on an indigo2?

Guido just got X on XL working. No idea what the timetable for XZ
might be.

--
Keith M Wesolowski                      wesolows@chem.unr.edu
University of Nevada                    http://www.chem.unr.edu