To: "Soren S. Jorvang" <>
Subject: Re: O2 ARCS
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 17:28:09 +0200
Cc: Florian Lohoff <>,
On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 03:16:57PM +0200, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

> On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 01:16:56AM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 09:53:11PM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> > > The ARCS firmware isn't the big deal but the R10000 support for this
> > > system or any other non-cachecoherent system.  Harald Koerfgen has
> > > started poking at an O2 port and he's got first success.
> >
> > BTW: Is there any Documentation for the ARC Firmware of the SGIs ?
> While not quite identical to the SGI ARCS firmware,
> is useful.

Staring at the winword file in this archive with strings this pretty much
looks like one of the dead tree copies I was using for my work, so it's
definately usable.  The ARC / ARCS differences are not too big, just look
into arch/mips/arc/ which handles them.  The differences between specs and
real world implementation is another thing - I haven't yet seen a single
implementation that conforms to the spec.  Which is why I believe the
ARC spec should best be locked up in Fort Knox ;-)