Re: 2.3.99-pre8 -> 2.3.99-pre9-1

To: SGI-MIPS List <>
Subject: Re: 2.3.99-pre8 -> 2.3.99-pre9-1
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 16:47:42 +0200
On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 12:15:18AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> I see quite a lot of mips and mips64 changes in pre9-1 patch... That
> reminds me to ask when there will be a full merge of the CVS repository
> with the mainstream kernel?

Hopefully soon.  Various mostly minor things need to be cleaned out before
they can be sent to Linus but basically we're ready.  Today I've sent
a few more patches to Linus for inclusion into pre9-3 which add various
portability hooks which we need for various MIPS hardware.  Currently
the diff between Linus' kernel and our CVS kernel is pretty small.  Which
is good news.