Re: Indy Documentation

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: Indy Documentation
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 23:23:58 +0200
Cc: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>, Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@calypso.engr.sgi.com>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 08:58:18PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> YES! Time to put _all_ docs you can find on CDR. I always keep all technical
> docs I download to store them on CDR from time to time, since those docs tend
> to vanish after a while (especially if they were on the manufacturer's
> website).

More documentation jewels - I've got now paper copies of R8000 documentation
and a collection of stuff regarding the R6000.  I was told that the R6000
was so buggy that understanding the internal circuitry is a prerequisite
for writing an OS bug now I got everything we need.  Except a R6000
machine :-)

Also I found that there is still a huge pile of Exabyte tapes that have the
final full backup from the day when MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.  was
shutdown by SGI after MIPS got bought in the early 90's.  That means that
provided the legal problems involved with publication of such documentation
get solved we now have everything that is required to support every machine
ever made by MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.