Re: Netscape support.

To: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>
Subject: Re: Netscape support.
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 20:13:47 +0200
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 06:28:59PM +0200, Carsten Langgaard wrote:

> Has anyone got netscape or another browser up and running on their MIPS
> machine running linux ?

I had Mozilla running under Linux about two years ago and have sent all
the necessary patches to the maintainers at that time.  It was not
terribly stable, though.  Resizing the window crashed Mozilla but aside
of that it was running just fine.  I gave up tracking the problem since
my Indy by far didn't have enough memory to deal with GDB + Emacs as
GDB frontend + Mozilla.  I guess you need 192mb or more to debug that
resize crash ...  As for text browsers I've built Lynx which was running
just out of the box.  There is a few more text browsers like w3m or Links,
haven't yet tried those under Linux.