serial_console_init

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: serial_console_init
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:28:21 +0200
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
serial_console_init is currently only called when CONFIG_SERIAL AND
CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE is defined as shown in drivers/char/tty_io.c

   2189 #ifdef CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE
   2190 #ifdef CONFIG_8xx
   2191         console_8xx_init();
   2192 #elif defined(CONFIG_SERIAL)
   2193         serial_console_init();
   2194 #endif /* CONFIG_8xx */
   2195 #if defined(CONFIG_MVME162_SCC) || defined(CONFIG_BVME6000_SCC) ||
defined(CONFIG_MVME147_SCC)
   2196         vme_scc_console_init();
   2197 #endif
   2198 #if defined(CONFIG_SERIAL167)
   2199         serial167_console_init();
   2200 #endif
   2201 #endif

As we changed CONFIG_SERIAL to CONFIG_SGI_SERIAL this NEVER gets
true whereas serial_console_init() never gets called.

What would be the correct way to go - Just append a ||
defined(CONFIG_SGI_SERIAL) ?

Or the other way round - Change CONFIG_SGI_SERIAL to CONFIG_SERIAL
and exclude building serial.c -> serial.o in the drivers/char/Makefile ...

Ill do it if somebody (Ralf?) gives me some hints ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-subject-2-change