Re: GLIBC 2.2 should work on MIPS-Linux

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: GLIBC 2.2 should work on MIPS-Linux
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:22:34 +0200
Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj@oss.sgi.com>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu, Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 11:51:21AM -0700, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> To keep you people up to date on this - I've got free shopping for
> the kernel FPU support software, that's is there are four solutions
> available:
>
>  - two different ones from IRIX which I'm allowed to recycle for Linux
>  - the Algorithmics code which already has been integrated into Linux
>    by MIPS.
>  - Write something new that is based on include/math-emu/.
>
> It used to be a relativly hard thing but it's no longer :-)

Pick the good out of all ? :) Honestly - We should keep an eye on
memory footprint as the embedded people will be very interested in this.

How much work would the IRIX ones be and what is the difference between
the two ? Are they probably available as they are right now to just
publish them and someone with a lot time may produce a superset for Linux ?

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-subject-2-change