Re: GLIBC 2.2 should work on MIPS-Linux

To: Andreas Jaeger <aj@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: GLIBC 2.2 should work on MIPS-Linux
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:48:01 +0200
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu, Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@oss.sgi.com>, Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 10:30:21AM -0700, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> I would appreciate if you could build glibc and test it really hard.
> I do expect problems in the following areas:
> - definitions don't match between kernel and glibc.  I've used the
>   latest 2.3 release.  The glibc will not run with Linux 2.0.x.

Linux 2.0 is low priority IMHO as there is a "Standalone" Mips
port for 2.0 mainly used for the cobalts which has nevern been really
developed much further. Nobody (except the embedded people) will
use the 2.0 series now (And the embedded will use a smaller
libc anyways)

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-subject-2-change