sgiserial.c / rs_init invoke ?

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: sgiserial.c / rs_init invoke ?
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:18:29 +0200
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
i am currently digging deeper into sgiserial.c and friends.
My problem right now is that i dont understand when and how the
rs_init should and will be called - Currently i have an
__initcall(rs_init) in arch/mips/sgi/kernel/setup.c which is definitly
wrong - But should this be invoked - I cant find how i386 does this
(Could somebody enlighten me what module_init(rs_init) in
drivers/char/serial.c does ?)

Currently i have problems switching from serial_console to tty code
for userspace - I see sgiserial.c receiving transmit fifo empty
IRQs and i see filling the fifo but i dont see any chars although
i see chars with serial_console :(

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-subject-2-change