Re: DMA memory on IP22 unavailable ?

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: DMA memory on IP22 unavailable ?
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:20:38 +0200
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 10:13:46AM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> BTW: Are the EISA slots supported ?
>      Does the "Default" MAX_DMA_ADDRESS apply to that DMA controller ?
>      My above solution just declares all memory to DMA-able memory.

BTW: With above solution i meant a thread with Geert which contained a
probably better solution.

This is arch/mips/mm/init.c - Which puts all memory into ZONE_DMA when
no ISA or PCI available.

#if defined(CONFIG_ISA) || defined(CONFIG_PCI)
        if (low < max_dma)
                zones_size[ZONE_DMA] = low;
        else {
                zones_size[ZONE_DMA] = max_dma;
                zones_size[ZONE_NORMAL] = low - max_dma;
        }
#else
        zones_size[ZONE_DMA] = low;
#endif