DMA memory on IP22 unavailable ?

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: DMA memory on IP22 unavailable ?
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:50:16 +0200
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
i have fixed the original problem with the bootmem initialization
for ARC which didnt reserve the kernel pages as unallocatable - This
is already committed to CVS for the ones trying on IP22. Now i have
a different problems - The kernel halts on further boot with
no memory for SCSI DMA.

This is due to my indigo2 having physical memory from
0x08002000 - 0x08740000
0x08200000 - 0x0ff85000

Now the official DMA able memory from include/asm/dma.h is

#define MAX_DMA_ADDRESS         (PAGE_OFFSET + 0x01000000)

which is 0x81000000 which is completely out of range for
the SGI. I now just changed this to 8f000000 but what
is the correct way to solve this and what is the correct
dma able memory (I suppose all memory is dma-able).

--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-subject-2-change