Re: kernel hang indigo2 current cvs more specific

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: kernel hang indigo2 current cvs more specific
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:22:52 +0200
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 01:54:30AM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Ok,
> i debugged a bit arround and found that the current CVS kernel
> hang at "alloc_page.c" (For SGI_IP22)
>
>         lmem_map = (struct page *) alloc_bootmem_node(nid, map_size);
>
> I had a small look into the function alloc_bootmem_node/core but didnt
> understand a word.

Reduced it even more - At the end of alloc_bootmem_core the memset is
the fault - It seems to overwrite something and/or does not return.

My suspicion is that the memory map(s) are not correct and initializing
existing memory causes this fault.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5241-470566