Re: mips config.in patch 1 of N - Check for completeness

To: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Subject: Re: mips config.in patch 1 of N - Check for completeness
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:09:00 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 10:29:31AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > > + #Architectures possibly having pcmcia should include this
> > > +        #source drivers/pcmcia/Config.in
> >
> > i.e. CONFIG_PCI || CONFIG_ISA
>
> I didnt want to do that because i dont think anyone has seen
> a RM200C with PCMCIA ? So i thought architectures explecitely
> having a PCMCIA (Like probably the Handhelds like Aero, Cassiopaia etc)
> would enable it with "CONFIG_AERO" or something.

If it has PCI slots, you can insert a PCMCIA or Cardbus bridging card.
Furthermore many wireless networking cards are just PCMCIA/Cardbus bridges with
PC-card socket containing a standard wireless PC-card.

> > > + #Architectures having PC Style Parports - please include
> > > +        #source drivers/parport/Config.in
> >
> > i.e. CONFIG_ISA
> >
> > Note that here are also non-PC style parport drivers (e.g. for Amiga), but
> > for
> > MIPS I think the PC-style parports are the only ones that matter.
>
> Are they represented in the above config ? ...

Yes. There's even support for ATARI, Archimedes and SBUS. Unlike other
subsystems, `PC-style hardware' is only a small section of the Config.in.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ------------- Sony Software Development Center Europe (SDCE)