Re: kernel for indigo2

To: Mike Hill <mikehill@hgeng.com>
Subject: Re: kernel for indigo2
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:38:16 +0200
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 02:21:56PM -0500, Mike Hill wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> Is the 2.2 CVS branch still accessible?  I had a measure of success with
> 2.2.13 and 2.3.21 cross-compiled circa December.  I'd have to test them
> again to tell you which, but with at least one of them, I can boot into a
> working system.  The tricky bit is by the time it's finished booting, the
> serial console output is lost; at this point I'd like to be able to telnet
> in, but my setup.rpm (from hardhat) lacks the necessary securettys.
>
> I can send you something if you need it.

If you have a binary kernel image with nfsroot that would be great - I could
begin installing this machine - You could dump it into
ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/incoming - Or otherwise a 2.3.21 source tree - I am
not having much luck getting that relase/tag but this might be due to
my little experience with cvs ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5241-470566