Re: Include coherency problem, sigaction and otherwise

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: Re: Include coherency problem, sigaction and otherwise
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 10:59:24 -0300
Cc: SGI Linux Alias <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 12:57:29PM +0100, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> Having two independent sets of include files between kernel and userland
> is always a bad idea, but is not *necessarily* broken, and sometimes
> cannot be avoided.   The problem is not that the definitions are seperately
> wired, but that they are incompatible - the risk one takes when one creates
> multiple independent definitions.

The problem before that was that using the kernel headers for userland was
a serious problem.

> >                                     Current glibc snapshots and Linuxkernels
> have
> >been fixed to use the same definitions.  If not, mail me a brown paperbag.
>
> Certainly the hardhat-sgi-5.1-tar.gz archive on oss.sgi.com is out of sync
> with any MIPS/Linux kernel sources of which I am aware.  The most recent
> version of glibc 2.0 for MIPS that I have been able to find is 2.0.7, and it
> too seems to be out of synch.  Which version of glibc has been fixed,
> and where can I download it?   Which userland distribution is built with
> the consistent glibc?

Definately no entire distribution, I'm also not sure if I actually did
publish a fixed libc due to another binutils related issue.  I'm about to
jump into a plane but could you take a look at
pub/linux/mips/redhat/manhattan/RedHat/RPMS/glibc-2.0.6-4.mipseb.rpm
from oss?

  Ralf  (Up, up and away ...)