Include coherency problem, sigaction and otherwise

To: "SGI Linux Alias" <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Include coherency problem, sigaction and otherwise
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:21:29 +0100
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Invesitgating some non-fatal but odd behaviour, we
have traced it to the fact that the defintions of various
sigaction flags are defined for MIPS/Linux user code
in /usr/include/sigaction.h, but defined for the kernel in
/usr/include/asm/signal.h, and that the two definitions
are not consistent.  Does anyone know how this
came about?

I have the impresson that the /usr/include stuff in the
"Hard Hat" distribution for MIPS is keyed to a 2.0.x kernel,
and that an update of /usr/include (as opposed to a downgrade
of the kernel headers) may be in order.    Frankly, I don't like
the fact that the user and kernel includes don't pull everything
out of common files in include/linux and include/asm - I suppose
it must have been to reduce the number of compilations
that depend on kernel includes - but I don't see that
we can do much about that from here in MIPS-land.
__

Kevin D. Kissell
MIPS Technologies European Architecture Lab
kevink@mips.com
Tel. +33.4.78.38.70.67
FAX. +33.4.78.38.70.68