Re: FP emulation patch available

To: "Harald Koerfgen" <>, "Andrew R. Baker" <>
Subject: Re: FP emulation patch available
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:43:23 +0100
Cc: <>, <>, "Linux SGI" <>, "Gleb O. Raiko" <>
Hearald Koerfgen wrote:
>On 07-Mar-00 Andrew R. Baker wrote:

>>> I vote for 2.3 too. It seems 2.2 will vanish soon anyway.
>> Working on it.
>Me too. Compiles and links but doesn't work. I guess the cpu detection doesn't
>work properly for my Mobilon yet. I am actually compiling it for a DECstation

It's odd - I'm on at least one of the mailing lists in question, but I missed
part of this thread yesterday - such as Bradley's message, and another
that must have come from someone (Dom?) at Algorithmics.

Anyway, the my CPU detection would certainly not have worked for
a Mobilon.   But it ought to have worked for a DECstation.  What
CPU does it have?   In addition to the cpu_probe() routine itself,
arch/mips/kernel/cpu_probe.c contains a table that describes the
CPU's that are recognized, and in principle it "knows" all the CPUs
that were recognized by the old assembler code in head.S, plus
a couple more (R4300 and MIPS 4Kc/5Kc).   The problem may
be a CPU that is mis-identified, or it may be that the options in the
table associated with that CPU are incorrectly defined.  Please
let me know what CPU and "PrID" the system has.

            Kevin K.