Re: Linux on O2?

To: Bastiaan.N.Veelo@immtek.ntnu.no
Subject: Re: Linux on O2?
From: James Simmons <jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:39:37 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 Bastiaan.N.Veelo@immtek.ntnu.no wrote:

> I subscribed to this list a minute ago because I am a Linux enthousiast
> and can get hold of used O2's for little money. I just read the mail
> archive for this month and was happy to see that although Linux for O2 is
> not there yet, there is a lot of talk about it.
>
> A newbie-question: how different is an O2 with R5000 processor from an
> Indy? Maybe graphics is different, but can't the Linux Indy port be made
> to run on an O2 of this sort at all?
>
> Harald Koerfgen wrote:
> > Well, if someone is willing to ship me an O2 I'll see what I can do :-)
>
> The O2's I can get hold of, if I am well informed, come with an R5000
> processor, 128MB RAM, 2GB SCSI, soundcard, keyboard and 21" Monitor for
> 5000 NOK (that's about 1250 DEM or 625 USD!). Though I live in Norway I
> visit Germany from time to time and transport is therefore a lesser
> problem.

WoW!!! Can I get one for this price?

Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
James Simmons                                                      (o_
fbdev/gfx developer                                      (o_  (o_ //\
http://www.linux-fbdev.org                              (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net