Re: Unimplemented exception

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: Unimplemented exception
From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb@uab.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:59:40 -0600 (CST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> I get
>
> | Unimplemented exception for insn 4620a0a4 at 0x0046f084 in install-info.
>
> in my kernel messages, using 2.3.21 from cvs last week.

That message is from the floating point exception handler.  It looks like
the instruction is a CVT.W.S (convert to single fixed from single float).
This will require full floating point support from the kernel to handle
properly.  I have done some work on floating point support, but this is
not an instruction I have implemented yet.

-Andrew