Re: Debian mipsel?

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <>
Subject: Re: Debian mipsel?
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 01:07:34 +0100
Cc: Linux/MIPS <>
On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 09:14:23PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Anyone who knows whether Debian for mipsel is already usable? Or is the MIPS
> port of Debian meant for big endian SGI boxes only?

No it isnt ... There are a couple of packages at

Martin Schulze has put together a base tgz as a root filesystem.

> If not, I'll have to say goodbye to apt-get and install a RH-based distro...

Hihi ... apt-get works but there are not many packages to install yet ....

Florian Lohoff                  +49-5241-470566
"Technology is a constand battle between manufacturers producing bigger and