Re: XZ graphics specs...

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <>
Subject: Re: XZ graphics specs...
From: James A Simmons <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:40:14 -0500 (EST)
Cc: "William J. Earl" <>, John Michael Clemens <>,
On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, William J. Earl wrote:
> > the hardware.  Note that XZ, like Newport graphics on Indy, does not
> > have a CPU-addressable frame buffer, so you have to use the rendering
> > interface.
> You can still write a frame buffer device for it, but you can't export the
> frame buffer to userspace (smem_start and smem_len == 0). Just make sure you
> fill in your own drawing routines in display->dispsw.

In the next few days I will be introducing fbcon-accel.c which are a set
of console functions wrapped around the accel features of a card. I hope
to have this go into the 2.3.x kernels soon.

Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
James Simmons                                                      (o_
fbdev/gfx developer                                      (o_  (o_ //\                              (/)_ (/)_ V_/_