Re: XZ graphics specs...

To: "William J. Earl" <wje@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: XZ graphics specs...
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:46:19 +0100 (CET)
Cc: John Michael Clemens <clemej@rpi.edu>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, William J. Earl wrote:
> the hardware.  Note that XZ, like Newport graphics on Indy, does not
> have a CPU-addressable frame buffer, so you have to use the rendering
> interface.

You can still write a frame buffer device for it, but you can't export the
frame buffer to userspace (smem_start and smem_len == 0). Just make sure you
fill in your own drawing routines in display->dispsw.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds