cross-compile fails

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: cross-compile fails
From: Vince Weaver <weave@eng.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:27:41 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Hello

I am trying to compile a kernel to boot on an Indigo2 I have access too.

I installed the rpm's of the mips cross-compile tools from oss.sgi.com,
and got the latest CVS kernel [at about 10am EST today].

the compile fails at the end with this:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vince/sgi/linux/arch/mips/lib'
mips-linux-ld -static -G 0 -N -T arch/mips/ld.script.little -Ttext 0x88002000
arch/mips/kernel/head.o arch/mips/kernel/init_task.o init/main.o
init/version.o \
        --start-group \
        arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o arch/mips/mm/mm.o kernel/kernel.o
mm/mm.o fs/fs.o ipc/ipc.o \
        fs/filesystems.a \
        net/network.a \
        drivers/block/block.a drivers/char/char.o drivers/misc/misc.o
drivers/parport/parport.a drivers/net/net.a drivers/scsi/scsi.a
drivers/cdrom/cdrom.a drivers/sgi/sgi.a drivers/video/video.a \
        arch/mips/lib/lib.a /home/vince/sgi/linux/lib/lib.a
arch/mips/sgi/kernel/sgikern.a arch/mips/arc/arclib.a \
        --end-group \
        -o vmlinux
mips-linux-ld: arch/mips/kernel/head.o: compiled for a big endian system
and target is little endian
mips-linux-ld: arch/mips/kernel/init_task.o: compiled for a big endian
system and target is little endian

and the last error repeats for a bunch of files

if I change in the config file from little-endian to big endian I get the
same error in reverse, a bunch of files compiled for a little endian
system and the target is big endian.

is there an easy fix to this? am I missing something obvious?

Vince

\  /\  /\  /  Vince Weaver
 \/__\/__\/   weave@eng.umd.edu     http://www.glue.umd.edu/~weave