RE: kernel sources?

To: Harald Koerfgen <>
Subject: RE: kernel sources?
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:57:41 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Harald Koerfgen wrote:
> > Now I'm wondering which kernel sources you suggest to start a port with. I
> > tried the one from (2.3.21) but
> > compilation stopped due to a problem in serial.c (I compiled for
> > CONFIG_ACER_PICA_61, just to see whether the tree worked).
> This source tree as absolutely correct to start with. The attached patch
> should
> fix the complilation problem.

Thanks! But unfortunately it doesn't fix all problems:

serial.c: In function `line_info':
serial.c:3078: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg 5)
serial.c: In function `autoconfig':
serial.c:3430: `ASYNC_IOC3' undeclared (first use this function)
serial.c:3430: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
serial.c:3430: for each function it appears in.)
serial.c: In function `rs_init':
serial.c:3999: `ASYNC_IOC3' undeclared (first use this function)
serial.c:4015: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg 4)

I think some #ifdef CONFIG_SGI_IP27/#endif is missing there.

Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} --

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds