kernel sources?

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: kernel sources?
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:53:32 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
        Hi,

We are considering porting Linux to a R5000-based board.

I built a cross-compiler according to the guidelines in the MIPS-HOWTO and it
was a piece of cake.

Now I'm wondering which kernel sources you suggest to start a port with. I
tried the one from :pserver:cvs@linus.linux.sgi.com:/cvs (2.3.21) but
compilation stopped due to a problem in serial.c (I compiled for
CONFIG_ACER_PICA_61, just to see whether the tree worked).

Thanks in advance!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org