kernel sources?

Subject: kernel sources?
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:53:32 +0100 (CET)

We are considering porting Linux to a R5000-based board.

I built a cross-compiler according to the guidelines in the MIPS-HOWTO and it
was a piece of cake.

Now I'm wondering which kernel sources you suggest to start a port with. I
tried the one from (2.3.21) but
compilation stopped due to a problem in serial.c (I compiled for
CONFIG_ACER_PICA_61, just to see whether the tree worked).

Thanks in advance!

Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} --

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds