Re: SGI320/Linux - Zip Drive and COM port.

To: Len Smith <>
Subject: Re: SGI320/Linux - Zip Drive and COM port.
From: Avi Bercovich <>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 21:56:22 +0100 (MET)
Hi Len,

With regard to your ZIP trouble, you might want to try and mounting a
_partition_ on the zip drive, not the whole drive itself...

If the zip is formatted with winXX you might want to try the following as

mount -t vfat /dev/hdd4 /mnt

this will mount the vfat formatted partition nr 4 on the currently loaded
zip-disk on the /mnt directory entry. For some reason, winXX formatted
disks are set to partition 4.

hope this helps,

avi bercovich

Avi Bercovich
Sinjeur Semeynsstraat 9          Dept. of Social Science Informatics (SWI)
1183LD Amstelveen                                  University of Amsterdam