Subject: Milo
From: Khaled Labib <>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:08:51 -0800 (PST)

I am using linux/MIPS kernel v2.2.1 and I am now considering loading it. I
looked at the Milo 0.27.

There is very little documentation for Milo, basically, a single README file.

Can some one point me on where to get more info about Milo. I need basically

1- How exactly does Milo boot the kernel ?
2- Where should the Milo executable reside. On Disk, ROM ...etc. ?
3- What functions does Milo perform ?
4- Do I still need BIOS support with Milo ?
5- What is this ARC firmware ?
6- Where is the latest Milo ?

I'll be booting this kernel on a harware Emulator with a limited functionality
target board. The Target board itself is a PCI-based board that sits in a
regular PC and contains memory (system memory).

I would appreciate pointers to information related to the above.

Thank you.

Khaled Labib