linuxmips almost rules

To: sgilinux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: linuxmips almost rules
From: Enrique Alonso de Armas <ealonso@alum.etsii.upm.es>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:28:18 +0100
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
Hi all.
    I have just installed Linux on an Indy 4600.
    I have selected 80 packages the minimun I think.

    The instalation was ok until the last options.
    I was no able to configure timezone, configure services, configure printers.

    Now when I boot from Irix ( boot vmlinux root=/dev/sdb1) , kernel loads and
stops or
    appears to be stopped
    showing warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recomended
    The kernel is the one I used for installation. I mean It takes the IP from
de bootp
    server.
    Ah and It says unable to open an initial console.
    It does not hung up it is like waiting
    Do I need other kernel without bootp?
    I can ping it

    Thak you in advance

----------------------------
Enrique Alonso de Armas
ealonso@disam.upm.es
http://www.alum.etsii.upm.es
Network/Unix System Admin
Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024/A83ECA45 1999/11/29 Enrique Alonso de Armas
<ealonso@disam.upm.es>
                              Enrique Alonso de Armas
<ealonso@alum.etsii.upm.es>