Re: Indy ISDN on linux?

To: "Jakma, Paul" <Paul.Jakma@compaq.com>
Subject: Re: Indy ISDN on linux?
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@hub-fue.franken.de>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 19:35:39 +0100
Cc: "'Ralf Baechle'" <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, "'linux@engr.sgi.com'" <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 01:43:11PM -0000, Jakma, Paul wrote:
> > Thomas Bogendörfer has implemented the full ISDN support for
> > the IP22.  The bad news is that his job keeps him to busy to add some
> > finishing touches and contribute the code back.

thanks Ralf for answering.

> I assume his work will be rolled into isdn4linux? Would anyone know of a
> timeframe?

my plan is to integrate my changes into isdn4linux. My current patches
are based on an older isdn4linux version, so I have figure out, what I
need to update and see how a clean integration will be possible (the
Indy ISDN hardware is based on the "normal" Siemens ISDN chips, which could
be found on many cheap ISDN cards. But unlike PC boards it uses two interrupts
instead of one, which makes integration a little bit hairy).

At the moment I don´t have a clue, when I'll find time to even bring up
my Linux Indy kernel to the current version. I could generate a diff file,
if you want to see, what needs to be done.

Thomas.