HardHat 5.1 booting problem

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: HardHat 5.1 booting problem
From: SERTKAYA BARIS <e1097757@ceng.metu.edu.tr>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:22:24 +0300 (EET DST)
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com

        Hi,

        I installed HardHat 5.1 on an Indy.When booting a 2.2.1 kernel,
        it gives the warning:
        Warning: unable to open an initial console.
        after mounting root (ext2 filesystem).When I ping the machine,
        I can see that it is alive.But when I telnet to it, connection is
        refused (most probably because inetd is not running yet).
        I looked up the online FAQ at linux.sgi.com.It says that it might
        occur if the distribution is not on a linux.(because of non-standard
        file represantation).
        The tar file is on an NFS mounted machine running AIX 4.x.I untarred it
        to the local disk of my linux box.And  I did the installation from
        my machine running linux.But I still have the same problem.

        Could somebody offer a solution please?I have been trying to install
        HardHat for a long time and I still could not manage it.But I hope
        I will see my Indy giving me a login prompt someday :)

-------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl          |
use Tranquilizan;        |
goto bed;                |