Hardhat 5.1, wu-ftpd problems

Subject: Hardhat 5.1, wu-ftpd problems
From: Pete Young <>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:31:37 +0100 (BST)
Having proved that I have a stable-ish Indy with Hardhat 5.1, kernel
version 2.2.1 , i thought I might put it to work as an ftp server
for part of our internal mirror system.

Installed the rpms for anonftp and wu-ftpd from our mirror of the
latest distribution, but found we got some odd behavior from the
ftp daemon: it was quite happy for people using the Solaris 2.6
client, but using the BSD client or the netscape client I see no
files or directories (although it is possible to move about
the directory structure if you know what the subdirectories are

I also built a more-up-to-date version of wu-ftpd (version 2.5.0
with QUOTAS disabled) but the same thing seems to be happening.

Is this a known problem, and if so is there a fix?

Kind regards,

  Pete Young        Phone +44 1473 642740
      "Just another crouton, floating on the bouillabaisse of life"