HardHat5-1 installation problem

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: HardHat5-1 installation problem
From: SERTKAYA BARIS <e1097757@ceng.metu.edu.tr>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:32:07 +0300 (EET DST)
Sender: owner-linuxmips@oss.sgi.com

        Hi,

        I am trying to install HardHat linux on an Indy.The kernel and the
        distribution are on different machines so on the command monitor
        I type
        >>boot bootp():/vmlinux nfsroot=144.122.*.*:/tmpfs/mipseb

        The kernel starts to load, it detects the memory, disks and so on,
        and later the installation script begins.I select the target disk
        and the partition (/dev/sdb1) and the packets to be installed.Then
        it starts to make ext2 file system on /dev/sdb1 and after a while,
        it gives up with the message:

        install exited abnormally -- recieved signal 11
        sending termination signals...done
        mounting filesystems.../proc /mnt /tmp
        you may safely reboot your system

        I would be very gradefull if someone could tell me the result and
        the solution.

        thanks in advance,

        baris sertkaya.