current information about linux/sgi ?

Subject: current information about linux/sgi ?
From: Gergely Madarasz <>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:44:09 +0200 (MET DST)

I just subscribed to this list after searching for linux/mips information
on the web. I am a Debian developer and I want to participate in creating
a Debian/MIPS distribution. Unfortunatelly I could not find any current
information about how the port is going, which CPUs, machines are
supported, the last update of was about half a year ago.
I need this information to know what machines to search for to work on.
For start, I might get access to an older Indigo2, which, according to the
mailing list archives (which seems to be missing the last several months'
traffic too) is working with linux...
Btw is the list archived somewhere else perhaps? I followed the link from, the latest messages there are dated June 25.
And can someone summarize the current status of linux on different
workstation models ?