Re: Booting linux does not work fine.

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Booting linux does not work fine.
From: Jens Oeser <oeser@darmstadt.gmd.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:59:43 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi!

I got it working now, with vmlinux-r4400 ... other kernels are booting
but kflushd messes up my screen. The kflush always want to tell me when
he flushes something ... i really would have the sound kernel, but i
cannot use it because of kflushd trouble, anyone expierences with that?
I modified syslog.conf, but it doesn't work. Seems to be direct from the
kernel. I try i selfcompiled kernel today, maybe this helps me.
Another problem, If i try to add a swap partition, it only get's a size
of 20mb with fx, if i resize, the partition is not longer recognized as
swap, and the hardhat install program does not let me make it to a swap.
Is there i way to get it managed, without using linux tools for that?

regards.
Jens Oeser.